Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chunky Blue Cable Cardigan!




I finally put buttons on this sweater I knit months ago in only 3 days! It was really hard to find big enough buttons, especially ones that I actually liked.

One fun tip I got today from the woman working at 3 Kittens Yarn Shop in Mendota Heights, MN (where I found the buttons) was to tie on the button and tie knots rather than the usual way of attaching buttons. This also saves you from more ends to weave in! I like the look personally!

Also, since I normally don't knit chunky things, I asked about weaving in ends, and the best way to hide them. She said that she splits the yarn making up the stitches with the needle, therefore making the woven-in end almost invisible on the outside.

The pattern is from the book Twinkle's Big City Knits, called "Best Friend Sweater." I did find it initially online though for free on www.canadianliving.com --> Chunky Cable Sweater

No comments: